- A chat app where users can connect and chat with random people.
- to promote Elastos Technology, like Carrier and show that fun chatting doesn’t need expensive servers
- to be used and adopted by REGULAR users who don’t know or care about crypto.
- aim to compete with other leading random chat apps on mobile
- current FUN CHAT APPS now are all centralized and needs to maintain expensive servers to run. With this dapp, it can show how Elastos can solve this with minimal development and pure decentralization
- It’s EASIER to MARKET because this type of chatting app is popular or common
- It can also show how much traffic can Elastos Carrier can handle when a lot of users will use this dapp.
- It will use Elastos Carrier and HIVE (see note), and if possible Elastos React Native
- will compete with this similar centralize apps:
- Week 1: mobile app frontend design
- Week 2-3: mobile app backend Carrier Connection and chat feature
- Week 4-5: setup data storage where the message will be retrieved once the user goes online
- Week 6: MVP polishing and FINISHED
Future plans after MVP:
- Trinity dapp
- Elephant app version ( I’ve been talking with Songsjun of possible collaboration, pls see the Thread)
- gamification design to better engage users
- Video Call
- ELA tip (send ELA to strangers)
NOTE: My first plan is to used HIVE, but based on my research it is still no available, and Ben also raised some good issue about using IPFS, I will make this my priority. For the MVP, my Goal is to show how easy to use Elastos Tech, by using Carrier and React Native, to achieve this I will temporarily use a centralized server.
Q: Isn’t that contradicting your goal of proving that it doesn’t need expensive server to run?
- No it isn’t. Even though I will temporarily use a centralized server to manage the CARRIER ID’s, it is still much much more less expensive than running a full server where you need to handle the Chat Messages. It will still show how powerful Elastos Tech is, and I will also use React Native for this.
Credits: Thank you to JohnM for giving me this idea, I’ve been trying to contact him to support me on this one but I can’t reach him. I hope that JohnM or other developer who are interested can join me on this one. Thank you for supporting!